ANmar Moheddin Updated: Dec 2nd 2012
- Software developer
VB developer with over 15 years of experience in Microsoft Excel and VBA. developing user-friendly and intelligent Microsoft Excel spreadsheets with detailed technical user documentation. ANmar is proficient in working on all aspects of the software development cycle including design, development, debugging code, identifying front/back-end interfaces, regression testing, and end-to-end system/functional testing
Visual Basic .NET (4+ years) / Visual Basic 6.0 (15+ years) / 15+ years in Visual Basic for Application (VBA)
.NET framework (2+ years) / Classic ASP (5+years) / JQuery / AJAX / some PHP
5+ years in MS SQL / 5 years in MySQL
15+ years in creating Smart spreadsheets with or without macros, advanced fully operated systems in Excel, multi-language interfaces, website searches, website submit, direct feed databases, etc. all using any version of
HTML / CSS / No graphics at all
May 2012 - Present
VBA Excel lead developer
- Leading Excel/VBA team in creating TPSS (Transfer Pricing Sharing System) by using Oracle IOP (Integrated Operational Planning) as back-end and Excel2003/Excel2010 as front-end with Oracle database and Sandbox technology. Resulting in Flexible/Smooth/Fast and friendly User-interface in Excel2003/Excel2010.
- Design and implement solution for the limitations of 65k rows in Excel2003 by adding "Pagination" controls.
- Apply VBA code enhances to Increase 40+ reports performance and speed by 82.5% average.
- Enhance update functionality and reduce time and bandwidth.
- Design and create "ProgressBar" to show to user when there is a long process needed to be run.
May 2011 - Present
Performance Management Analyst
Develop, manage and enhance Excel-VBA-SQL-based reports that generated hourly resulting in readable data charts and graphs for entire corporation base of clients, employees and executives
- Developing CIO, CTO and CEO reports in Microsoft Excel to be generated using VBA and MSSQL database
- Creating "Della", resource management analysis system, reading from “Clarity” database into Excel spreadsheet and generating high management level reports.
- Developing Multiple-tier reports applies to entire clients/employees base to analyze, process and create charts on different levels, different scopes resulting in fully automated user-driver reports in Microsoft Excel, VBA and MSSQL database
- Manage, fix, troubleshoot, speeding and enhance tens of Excel-VBA-SQL-based reports that generated hourly
- Create _G.R.E.A.T. system, a client-run reports to manage daily and hourly reports in Excel environment with settings changed by user.
Sep 2009 - Dec 2011
Lead Software Architect
- Creating several Microsoft Excel application sheets, like the one that automates the process of searching through online websites (like Craigslist, eBay, Amazon, Yahoo! Answers, etc) and create result sheets with links to each item
- Building English/Arabic websites using Classic ASP, SQL and AJAX, sample websites ( BHC-Iq.com, ANmar.us, Folder8.com, ForDesiParents.com, Alwah.net, File1.net )
- Working directly with client to discuss/design and address product features and time requirements and come up with a road plan to implement and get the final product
- Leading the whole process of designing/building/launching static/dynamic website
- Administrating websites and databases for clients, tweaking errors, finding solutions and follow client requests and maintain databases and file structure for all clients.
Sep 2009 - Nov 2011
Excel Developer - Software Engineer
Compensation and Organization Solutions
Building Excel smart sheets and Excel full systems to read / manipulate / generate and summarize Client data against market data with fully customization by multiple user levels.
- Building Salary, Bonus and Compensations intelligent spreadsheets to automate the process of import, process, analyze huge amount of survey vs. company data and generate comparison reports using custom Excel macros and formulas, saving weeks of manual work into few hours with 99.99% accuracy result
- Designing, building and developing complete systems (like GMT Matrix, ACuSys, and AMIASys) to automate Sales Bonus, Commissions and Compensation and generating user-friendly reports and charts helping in making executive decisions and salary/bonus changes, plus all user manuals and documentations
- Create and manage functions and smart spreadsheets to create user-defiend-reports
- Create step-by-step videos and prepare documentations
Jan 2006 - Jan 2012
Software developer and Technical Translator
Ideal Innovations Inc
Developed an offline tool to facilitate offline data entry from users into SQL Server database saving the project from delays in data entry due to logistics lack downs
- Develop software translator application that is aimed to translate foreign names efficiently
- Provide timely technical translation for web-based application and courses
- Maintain foreign language interfaces for several applications
- Provide Arabic timely technical translation for course documents and presentations
- Provide Arabic translations and grammar corrections
- Record Arabic Audio materials for several types of course
Apr 2004 - Sep 2007
Lead the whole process of instructing Orascom Telecom-Iraq staff into Microsoft Excel in 6 levels.
- Provide class courses to more than 50 students per class in Microsoft Excel formulas and Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications in three levels each
- Prepare the materials with test questions
- Test the students before taking the course to determine the best level match
- Instruct and lead the classroom in 6 Excel levels (Starting, intermediate and advanced in Excel functions and Excel VBA)
- Creating exams and submit them to HeadQuarter to provide certificate for those who passed the test