ANmarS - Search results

Excel/VBA expert since Sep 1997 (20 years 9 months)

We are moving ...

We are moving to another location, better, faster and more resources .... check it out ANmar.Systems

2 Q & A posts tagged with AVERAGE

Sat
Apr 10
2010

How do I make a comparison chart using formulas in Excel?

I have an assignment to do where I need to research three different computers and make a comparison chart to find out which is the best computer for the money. The only problem I'm having is that I was never taught how to do this using formulas and/or functions. What formulas would I use to compare different things and find which is the best?


Answer

Your question is so general
But let me try
You need first to build the table
Based on the data you have, you need to study formulas like
=A1/A2
or
=
besides IF, SUM, AVERAGE
most of these formulas are in Insert > Functions (if you have Excel2003 or earlier)
or in Formulas tab > Insert Functions (If Excel2007)

Let me know if that worked or not

VBAXLMan

Saturday 4/10/2010 2:36:50 PM
Wed
Jan 24
2007

I need help on excel?

guys i need help on how to calculate the average of the columns... one of the colums is worth 40% of the grade and the other one is worth 60%. now how do i find my overall average?? HELLPPPPP!!!


Answer

That answer is missing the main issue
Now, lets say that your columns are D with 40%, E with 60%
In F1 paste this function
=D1 + E1
to get the 100%
Now in G1 paste this
=AVERAGE( F:F)

Enjoy my profile, I am the VBAXLMan

Wednesday 1/24/2007 3:38:57 AM

Tags

History